Nov 4, 2011

My garden survived in the dry season.

November 4
This land is owned by my family. I practiced here for 5 months before I left for Canada. There was very little rain during my stay in Vancouver so some of the plants I grew are dead. I only see dirt now but not the 'dead body".  My mom helped to water so some plants grow very well.


It's heartbreaking to see dying weeds.
The peas I grew in early summer were dead but the only one bean grown in late summer is going to bloom.


Apparently, my mom watered it a lot.

It's amazing how much the banana and papaya plants grow in the past three months. Hope my mom didn't water them too much because I don't want to have weak plants.
Lotus leaves are dry. There might be some lotus roots ready to harvest. 
The little "Bamboo Cypress" (Nagai podocarpus, Nageia nagi) is still alive, but not much taller though. When will it tall enough to greet visitors at the gate?
Mom planted another Nagai podocarpus at the other side of the gate. No wonder I can't find this baby in my pot collections.
Only one of the two tomato plants survived in the dry season. Mom added some fertilizer, which I have never used here.
Again, only one loofah squash plants survived.
My little pomelo tree didn't grow much.


Neither did the loquat tree.
I am still happy with the green and healthy leaves.

Henna tree is only half tall. They told me that some trunks died because of infection. 
Turmeric (Curcuma longa) is blooming. It was only half tall with two leaves before I left for Canada.

Have to transplant the Guava. 





What is this? I didn't plant it. Egg plants?






The mint also survived.




This pepper is ready to harvest. I thought it would die after I left.
This is nature, that surprises and upset you at the same time.

No comments: