Nov 4, 2011

My neighbor's land

November 4
My neighbor has acquired this piece of land for more than three years. It's a big area in a hill. In the past three months, there was very little rain fall so even weeds died. He decided to plow and form some small terraces. After knowing my project of propagation, he was very kind to share one of the terraces with me.

This is the terrace where I am going to grow 5 kinds of vegetables. It's 3 meters wide and 16 meters long.
The path to the terrace is quite steep but I am fine with that.

Poor weeds. All dry.

My neighbor also allows me to use the flat piece of land at the bottom of the hill but I want to them to grow food there. After all, I am much younger.


Watering is not an issue here since there is a faucet of tap water. However, I plan to use as little water as I can. Maybe mulch will help.
A small tree nursery.


Tires are used to prevent large scale landslide. 



There is a bamboo grove around here. Bamboo leaves may be a good source of mulching material.

Waste water from the toilets is stored here and will lead to a small pond.

According to my neighbor, sand falling from the hill will eventually stop here.



There will be a pond here. I guess they will have a layer of plastic sheet.

They applied some organic fertilizer before they grow vegetable.




Pomelo is not as sweet as those harvested last year. Not enough rainfall.

No comments: